Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Buttons and such


More dyeing . . . Now the yarns for the rug are ready and I have started weaving . . barely. Today I am adjusting the tieups on this new to me loom for a better shed. Then I can start weaving in earnest.


And we now have a robin who has taken up residence in the pergola. She started 3 different nests and I thought she had abandoned them, but she flew out when I was standing next to the pergola last night and scared the heck out of me as I was watching the raccoon in the neighbor's yard. 


And here is the raccoon. It was only about 6:30, so I thought it was early for him or her to be out and about but what do I know?


I have been going through boxes of "stuff". Stuff from my aunt who passed away a few years ago, stuff in my fiber closet, stuff I have just accumulated over the years to pass things on to people I know will enjoy them, or donate them.

I came across a shoebox, filled with little boxes of buttons and found these beauties. It's mother of pearl and abalone. There were 2 large buttons and 4 smaller ones.  They are gorgeous. I think I will have to sew something with handwoven fabric that needs some buttons.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment