Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sampling


First I did some sampling with the shaft switcher, which didn't work well because I used nails instead of eye hooks and the doups slid right off - which I thought they might. But I tied the ss warps to either harness 2 or 3, just to see how the spacing of 5epi worked with various yarns and after all, that's what I really wanted to know. This portion is plain weave. Because I warped this up in a 4 end block weave, I am also able to do plain weave, just using 2 other treadles tied up 1&4 and 2&3. I'm going to start a rug using that and I wanted to see how various colors worked with each other. I washed my skeins of white yarn yesterday and ordered the dyes which should be here by next weekend. It's good to be doing weft-faced weaving again. And I got another towel done on the David loom.
By the time I have woven this rug, the shaft switching device should be finished and then I'll have levers!

No comments:

Post a Comment