Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Go for it!

For years, I have thought that I would like to have an orchid. But I never bought one because I thought it wouldn't grow well, since I might not have enough humidity, or the right amount of light. 

This past winter it was so cold and snowy for so long and I saw this orchid sitting in a display at Walmart for $10 and I thought, "why not?". Even if the blooms lasted for only a couple of weeks, the beauty of the flowers would be well worth it. 

I have sometimes forgotten to water it for a couple of weeks. It sits on the windowsill in my home office and it got kind of chilly up there when it was cold outside. 

It just keeps blooming. It has been blooming now for at least 4 months. It seems to be happy where it's at. 

There is a lesson in this for me. That I can sometimes just do something that might not be sensible or seem like a logical thing to do and it can bring a lot of unexpected joy into my life if I will take that leap of faith. 

And maybe since it's going to be sticking around for a while, it's time to get it a real pot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment