Friday, October 11, 2013

The Treasure of Friendship

I usually don't spin very much. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because there just aren't enough minutes in the day to do all of the things that I'd like to do! I started spinning up the merino/silk blend that I bought the other day and I just love it. Spinning and weaving are both very meditative, relaxing ways to spend my time.


Louanne is a dear friend of mine. I met her when I moved to Arizona and she taught me so much. I answered her ad in the local paper about spinning lessons and from there, our friendship grew.

 She was raised on a ranch in southern Arizona and she learned about all of the things that I knew nothing about, having grown up in the Chicago suburbs. She's the one that got me started with sheep. I remember bringing home a Targhee ewe and her lamb in an extra large dog crate in the back of our minivan! What a trip that was. Soon after, we traded in the minivan for a pickup. She taught me how to milk my new Nubian goat, sold me my first French Angora rabbits. Together we went on my first road trip to buy looms and yarn from someone who was selling their weaving stuff. She keeps a shotgun by the back door, bakes her own bread, makes her own soap and takes care of her extended family.

Friends are the glue that helps us to hold our lives together, the cheerleaders that inspire us, and keep us sane life takes a crazy turn!

I appreciate each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment