Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What a week

What a week this has been!
Last Wednesday, my computer locked up - I'm pretty sure it was either the motherboard or the CPU, so had to order a new one. It got here on Monday and after talking to tech support, they said I could install my old hard drive into this computer with a few changes to the BIOS. Long story short, it did not work, it goofed up my hard drive and the new hard drive, so now it won't boot up and had to drive into the suburbs to buy another computer and am sending this one back. I'm the only CAD drafter at the company that I work for, so the pressure has really been on to get me up and running again.

I downloaded Office 2013 last year, but could not get the file again to reinstall and ended up talking to a great Microsoft tech support guy in India named Syed. He got it installed and while we were talking, I found out his mother is a weaver too! I asked him to give her my email address so that I could meet her and also told him about the Fibernuts group on Google+ and asked him to tell her about it. I really hope to hear from her and lear about what she weaves.





Over the weekend, Bill and I went to an arboretum in Rockford with my brother and SIL.








We had a great time and I saw this beautiful canna. It was nice to get out and walk around with lots of trees - I love being in a forest. Then we headed to Olive Garden for lunch.








Here is my dog Kyrie. She is fascinated with watching TV, and has now started watching the computers too, especially, since my grandson showed her some dog videos on YouTube. When he left his room for a few minutes, she ran in there and jumped on his bed to watch his computer.


And now, I'm having trouble with my backup server, trying to get back 2 critical files. I love computers, BUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment