Friday, August 30, 2013

The Big 6-0

Yesterday was my 60th birthday! I'm old. I'm a crone. Officially. I love it! Reaching 60 was a huge milestone for me. My mother didn't live that long. I feel an incredible sense of relief that I am still here and that the future now holds endless possibilities since my time no longer feels like there is a big glass boundary.



I had a great day. I worked most of the day but had lunch with my best friend Theresa and for dinner, my son and his family surprised me at our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner. I am blessed with great sons, wonderful grandchildren, and a very thoughtful daughter-in-law. I wish Bill could have been here, but he was out on the road and won't get back til today. That's ok. Life is wonderful and I'll take every day I can get.

On the weaving front, I am in the middle of weaving the second bath towel out of cotton chenille. I have to hurry and get that finished because I am weaving a project out of the last (I think) Handwoven magazine to wear at a wedding we are going to the end of September.

My family makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment