Sunday, July 7, 2013

Smoky Mountain Trip


I really enjoyed our "truck-cation" as Bill dubbed our trip. Because it was a working trip, I didn't have time to check go to any of the places I would have liked, but it was beautiful to drive through the Smoky Mountains. As we drove down there, I realized I felt like "myself" more and more. Not someone's mom or someone's grandma, but actually me. I had forgotten what that feels like.
When we drove past Berea, Kentucky, I saw the signs for the Arts and Crafts Center, but it also said "no trucks", so stopping there was not a possibility, but I would like to go back sometime and see it. They had a lot of rain in that area - some torrential downpours that we drive through, but I love the mountains and it was still beautiful.

Also on my list of things to do, would be to check out the area near Hendersonville. Next time . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment