Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On The Road

Since I have a few days off work for the holiday, I'm going on the road with my husband in his semi this afternoon. We'll be going to South Carolina, but the real attraction for me is to see the area around Hendersonville and Asheville, NC. I think if I was going to make a big move when I retire, that's where I'd want to go. There is such a rich history and culture of weaving in that area - lots of weavers, suppliers, etc. Add to that, the mountains, and it seems like a place I would love. I've only seen the area on Google Earth, and now I get to see it in person! Unfortunately, we won't have the time to actually do anything there, but I get to have a peek at least!

My son has nicely offered to take care of the dogs, even the elderly one who needs to be watched to make sure she eats enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment