Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Freedom to try new things!

I do love to organize things. Sometimes, when cleaning, I get so caught up in the details of organization, the bigger picture gets lost in the shuffle.
When I purchased the Cranbrook, a lot of yarn came with it. A lot. Bags and bags and boxes and boxes. It was all packed kind of hodgepode by the seller, so I ended up piling it all up in the dining room on a couple of clean sheets and have been picking through it.
I've been so impressed by how wonderful some of this yarn is, some of it decades old judging by the old plastic bags they were in that I ordered some of my own plastic bags. I found some in reasonably small quantities at Good Quality Paper Goods in NY and it arrived yesterday. I already had a large package of mailing labels so I got to work. I have 59 pounds of various sized wool rug yarn in natural white and fawn color. Those are skeined, so I have those in big plastic bins.
Here's some of the yarn all packaged up and labeled. This is mostly wool yarns and rayon yarns. About 41 pounds of just those types just on those 2 shelves.  And there is more to do yet.

I've always had a relatively small yarn stash and this has limited my weaving to some extent. I would only buy something for a particular project and wasn't able to experiment the way I would like to. Now I feel like I can try all sorts of things because I have all this yarn to play with! It's wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment