Saturday, April 19, 2014

7 days!

A week from today we go to pick up the new loom! It's about a 5 1/2 hour trip each way so it will be just a day trip, but nice to get away, and I'm really looking forward to picking up that loom!
I've been busy decluttering still, and making more headway. It's amazing how much you can collect that you no longer use and it just sits there because it becomes almost invisible - just another part of the scenery.

It's going to be another beautiful day today after waiting so long for spring and Easter will be nicer still - in the 70's. We usually have the holiday dinners for the family at our house, but this year, we're going to barbecue burgers for Easter and be able to sit outside. Since I have taken over the dining room for fiber pursuits, there isn't a big dining room table any more!

My oldest son and his family still live close to us but it is likely they'll be moving to Arizona this year so we probably will not have as many people for Thanksgiving and Christmas later this year. We'll just have to get a few more tv trays when those holidays roll around since it will be too cold to eat outside! :)

I did get the warp wound and onto the beam for the next bunch of towels. I was going to use linen for warp and weft and about 3/4 of the way through winding the warp, realized I didn't have enough linen for the weft. Instead of ordering more, I decided to do some stash-busting and use up some of the cotton that I have and use that for weft. I'm threading it with a huck pattern. I told my youngest granddaughter I'd try to get it threaded before tomorrow because she has never woven on the floor loom yet and would like to give it a whirl. She is very interested in all of my fiber interests and has woven a few things on smaller rigid heddle looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment